Whoever you are, wherever you are on life’s journey, You are welcome here!
Are there any new member classes I need to take?
Is there a formal ceremony for joining the church?
Once you decide to join the church, you will be invited (together with other new members) to be received into membership and introduced to the Congregation during a Sunday worship service.
What does it mean to become a member of the First Congregational Church of Blue Hill?
In addition to welcoming our members into a caring community, members of the Church have:
- A vote at annual and special meetings, including the calling of a new pastor.
- The opportunity to be involved in church groups, boards, and committees, to serve one another and our community.
- More importantly, it is about creating a covenant with God, our Pastor and other Church members.
Joining the Church means:
- Affirming the Church Covenant
“We come together as followers of Jesus to worship God and walk in God’s ways as they are made known to us.”
- Attending Worship
—our members attend Worship Services to enrich their spiritual journey.
- Supporting the Church Mission
—our members support the Church with their time, talents and tithes.
If you are interested in joining the Church or would just like to learn more about us, please contact the Pastor.