Fellowship plays a very important role at the First Congregational Church of Blue Hill. Fellowship can be:
- organizing a food or clothing drive
- serving on a Church board or committee
- making pies for the Food Pantry
- participating in the BlueBerry Festival
- being part of the Christmas Pageant
- supporting a concert or sing-a-long
- participating in a youth project or outing
- donating your time, talent and treasures
- and so on.
The Men’s Morning Square and the Ladies Day Circle are two prime examples of church fellowship (see below). Other fellowship opportunities throughout the year include the annual St. Patrick’s Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner, Cabin Fever Reliever (and cake auction) put on by our Youth Group, the Blueberry Festival, Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast, Creation Sunday (when we celebrate everyone’s birthday), and coffee hour after worship service every Sunday.
Men’s Morning Square
Men’s Morning Square is a group that gets together once a month on the 2nd Saturday morning during fall, winter and spring months to break bread and enjoy fellowship for an hour or so.
We have little structure and no agenda but will work on church projects as the Spirit moves us!
Ladies Day Circle
The Ladies Day Circle meets on the 2nd Thursday of most months for a short program and lunch, sponsors the annual nut sale in November, hosts the Ecumenical Advent Breakfast the first Saturday in December, and helps to support the Church with various fundraisers.